Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I'm A Lot Like You - Evidently


I made a "crime spree" mix this weekend and it's awesome. I don't want to get out of the car even when I get home. As I was driving to work this morning, I was listening to "The Dangerous Type" and I had a pretty big epiphany about myself. It occurred to me that I used to (prior to the Austin move) consort with a nefarious bunch. That's not news, but what is is that I held myself apart as if I was better than them. I really thought I was. The main person of this past association used to accuse me of that. I would of course deny it whenever he'd say that. He was right though. I did think I was better than him. Every one thought I was better than him. I'm no longer so sure. He was at least straight up about being what he was. For the most part, I mean he was a dirt bag in other respects. I notice that I miss the excitement of Florida associations. Life was NEVER dull, or at least it wasn't for long. Now live is very, very sedate. People tease me that I'm in the WPP. I feel like I am at times. My blue (boring) heaven. I guess that's why EVERY story that I start writing in my head is about a woman involved in some crime or another, or on the run. I have no other stories in my head. Nothing fun and life affirming. I guess that's fine for now, but I'm thinking I need to shift from this somehow. Perhaps acknowledging that it was not all him/them is a step. I don't know. We shall see.


No comments:

Post a Comment