Sunday, February 28, 2010
For this one, feel free to play this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JitgLtReziY to put you in the proper mood.
I've been TRYING to get my blog arranged just so and it's been vexing. I don't get all this stuff. I'm sort of there with it, but not really. You can tell a week ago when I learned to add pictures because every post since has had a photo. I was trying to get my 43Things page to link and you bloody see it over there on the right. Now click on it. What happened? Yeah NOTHING. So frustrating. I'm about 62% sure I did it right. Anyway, if you want to see my 43Things page you can keep up with my serious and silly goals you can just copy and paste the link. I guess this will test how bad you really want it. Is it really worth the effort to copy and paste just to learn my goals? : P
Then I added a playlist. Not a list of my all time favorites, but definitely a sampling of songs I dig. I like how it's optimistic, then a little fatalistic, then just straight up sad, then all dancey (it's a word - i made it up) and ass-kicky (also a word), then sort of piney (like pining for something not the tree). Yeah it's a real roller coaster. Enjoy.
So where is this blog going? I was asking myself this today. I don't even know. I like that I have a few people tell me "I need to catch up on your blog". It gives me an inflated sense of importance and you know how important that is to me. I also would like to thank one of my readers who was concerned that my shiftless cats could be suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning. It's a compelling theory, but I have the detector (I'm about 84% sure of that one) and they are just epically dull at times so I think everything is okay here. Anyway. Where is this blog going? Well, it's definitely getting me prepared for writing those screenplays I always talk about. I'm not there yet, but the juices are flowing (I just sickened myself).
Well Hells Bells the weekend is over. I feel like I did NOTHING. I mean I did. I studied and am almost current on my hypnosis lessons. So that's important. I totally forgot that I was going to go get a massage today. That's really sad. I'm so pampered I FORGOT I was to get a massage today. No wonder some people hate me. That remark right there really deserves a slap. I was going to do all kinds of things around the house. The only things I did around the house was listen to music, watch movies, read, drink, and sleep.
So another month begins. What will March bring? I'd expand on this but "Big Love" is starting and I'm about 53% sure the youtube link of David Byrne I posted is not going to work. (Just know a lot of cursing will be going on over here if it does not)
Saturday, February 27, 2010
I simply cannot get the temperature in this house anywhere in the vicinity of where I want it. It's allegedly in the 70's by the thermostat and at least once a day it's 66.6 in the bedroom. I'm either burning up or freezing cold. FYI, that 66.6 photo wasn't easy to capture. As soon as I'm in the bedroom for a few seconds the temp rises. It's only 66.6 when Evil (my cat) is in there. I guess he and Satan hang out when I'm not there.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Well I was going to talk about something totally other than this tonight, but I am going with India for tonight. I was on my walk later tonight than normal and I was getting close to my house and as I was on Charlotte/12th (just around the corner from me) I was thrown back to the tiger preserve we stayed on in India. It was the smell of the fire that cooked the evening meal (namely the chapati). My goodness. It's amazing how a smell can do that to you.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Signs and more signs. Been encountering a lot more sign than normal. No not street signs, but just signs as to what I should do not do -- and I'm heeding them. Oh yes I am. I'm listening to Badmarsh & Shri as I type this www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVdnLI_9I7Y Every time I encounter a lot of signs (apparent ones) I hear this song in my head. Most of these signs I do not care to share, but one is funny so I will. I'm working on eating healthier and I was going to get back to using Greenling more, but just not this week. So I went on line and advanced my delivery date as it was time for my next delivery from when I had projected it out several weeks ago. So I get home and there a Greenling bin at my front door. Whoops. Looks like I got the local box and some eggs, milk, butter, and bread. Well boo hoo. ; ) It was a pleasant surprise and a SIGN to get with the program now and not later. Duly noted, Universe, DULY NOTED!!! ; )
A man is dining in a fancy restaurant and there’s a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table. He’s been checking her out since he sat down, but lacks the nerve to talk with her.
Suddenly she sneezes, and her glass eye comes flying out of its socket toward the man. He reflexively reaches out, grabs it out of the air, and hands it back. “Oh my, I am so sorry,” the woman says as she pops her eye back in place.
“Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you,” she says.
They enjoy a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards they go to the theater followed by drinks. They talk, they laugh, she shares her deepest dreams and he shares his. She listens. After paying for everything, she asks him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap and stay for breakfast.
They had a wonderful time.
The next morning, she cooks a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy is amazed. Everything had been SO incredible!
“You know,” he said, “you re the perfect woman, are you this nice to every guy you meet?”
“No,” she replies…. “You just happened to catch my eye.”
Waaa Waaa Waaa Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Good night : P
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Ahhhh, old houses. They are so full of character, so rich with history, so brimming with homicidal tendencies. The house usually tries to kill me with the wildly warped floors that actually make me sing "All This Time" at least a couple times a day (remember the video?). So tonight I came in from my walk (on the hills that try to kill me). I decide to do a bit of laundry and then take a shower. I figure that I'll play with the massager on the shower. Not in that way, it's mounted to the wall. So I find this one mode that's nice, weak, but nice. I'm enjoying my shower and then suddenly the water pressure goes from 1 to ELEVEN. I thought it was going to slam me against the wall. Sooooooo, the lesson here is WAIT until the washer has finished filling before getting in the shower of DEATH.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
or as it was actually written "Go forth and blossom in your soul". Sometimes I mishear lyrics. This instance is courtesy of Gorillaz' "Stylo" which I CRAZY love. I just love that "Ghostbusting In Your Soul" really hit me as being awesome. You know. Like killing your demons? Ahhh, forget it.
Monday, February 22, 2010
I did my first lesson tonight. It was really just the history of it all. Just got me SOOOOOOOO excited that this is what I'm going to do. I can't wait!!!
Sunday, February 21, 2010
So I'm awakened and I don't initially know why as I've been sleeping pretty well. I get up to get a drink of water. See that my children are starving (their dry food was gone) so I get out a new bag and fill their bowl. Try to go back to bed and start stewing again over this bullshit at work...and then I hear moaning. Semi-faint. I think I must be mistak--- there it is again. Did I just hear someone say "Yes"? Ummmm, yeah. I did. JESUS CHRIST is someone in the room that my landlord stores her stuff in? I'm panicking now. For a split second I think ghost because the woman who's been celibate for two years now WOULD have the Ghost of Fuckings Past in her house.
Friday, February 19, 2010
Thursday, February 18, 2010
These questions have no right or wrong answers.
Because sometimes asking the right questions is the answer.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 24
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? For me, failing
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? I guess it's fear, right? I mean I know that's what holds me back.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? Umm, no. I'm one of the bigger doers. I do a lot. I know some scoff at me for what I do and think I'm flighty. That's just fine. I at least try.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? I wish there was more laughter. It's my favorite. ; )
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Rescuing animals that I could keep on a big, awesome farm until people even more awesome that I came for them.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? I am working on doing what I believe in for sure!!! I look at 'corp America' job as a means to that end. That job enables me to live in a nice house, do things to improve my health, go out with my friends to nice restaurants, etc. So I'm grateful for it. No it's not the end game, but I'm getting there. ; )
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I would have stood up to my family and gone to film school anyway, and I would have told a certain man how very much I care for him.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? Very much so in that I was the one that gave up the control to the powerful men around me. I don't blame them any longer. I blame me. I'm in the driver seat now and I'll not abdicate my power to anyone ever again. No decent person would expect me to.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing things right. I don't usually have a problemwith doing the right thing.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? If it is truly unjustified, I would politely let it be known my stance. I'll also be honest here and say that I have a bit of the sewing circle gossip in me so if I'm not a fan of the person, I can reallllly jump in with both feet. It's the one trait I have that it's bad that I really know I need to change. I'm cool with my other bad traits. ; )
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Be true to YOU. (how do you say that in 'Baby'?)
- Would you break the law to save a loved one? I have, yes
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? I'm sure I have, but nothing comes to mind
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Well my whole childhood was different from everyone I know so I relate to things differently than most I know.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because they're ignorant and small minded? I'm kidding, sorta. It's all perspective, isn't it.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Have a family. Finding a decent man.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Ohhhh yeah.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Anywhere along the Mediterranean would suit me fine, but a little seaside village in Italy or Greece would be swell. Why? Why NOT. Have you been there?
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? I grew up in a condo and yes all the time. It DOES make it go faster. ; )
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? As long as I wasn't a drooling, joyful simpleton then yeah, I'd pick that.
- Why are you, you? Why does this question annoy me?
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Hell, yeah. I really bring it in the friend dept
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? I guess a good friend moving away.
- What are you most grateful for? My family
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? OMG, I'd kill to forget the old ones. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is FINE by me. I don't need any of that dreck in my head any longer. Seriously. It's so painful.
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? What truth? THEE truth. Does anyone KNOW that?
- Has your greatest fear ever come true? It sure has
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes, it does and it always will. But it's a pretty big thing. I get the concept though
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? My travels. Being with my Grandparents and seeing the world.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? I do off and on. I'd say I feel that way at least once each day. Just moments here and there. It hits me. "You're here. You're well. You're loved. Life is good" I get overwhelmed with the warmth of it all.
- If not now, then when? Exactly
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Not a thing. I'm working on it!!
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Ha, yeah. ; )
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Misguided followers
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? I think so
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Probably not. I'd not want to let on what happened.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More that I enjoy for sure
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Nope
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? The time I got mugged. : P
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? Grandmother and Christopher (brother)
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? Well I mean am I dying at 50 or 97? If it's 97, sure.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Merely existing vs. An Awesome Adventure
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? You'll know. You'll be driven. Trust me.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? The pain
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? State my feelings
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Hahhaha, as I walked up a REALLY steep hill in my neighborhood. Dude, I thought I was going to have to call someone to come get me!!!!
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love?Life coaching and yes. I'm really trying to get that whole process going.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Ohhh, I'll remember a thing or two. Again, I get the concept.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? There were a few that I was letting others make. I decided on Monday that's over. So from here on out. I'm my own captain.