Tuesday, November 23, 2010

RIP: Evil Boo-Boo, Four Weeks w/o Wicked Was Long Enough


April 1999 - Nov 23, 2010.

Four weeks to the day, Evil died in my arms just as his brother did. Man, he FOUGHT it though. He really did. That was rough. So odd to have someone who means the world to you die with their heart next to yours. Then to have that happen exactly 4 wks later - surreal. He's lying on the futon now, just as Wicked was. I have the call in to the vet to come get him. Doing the first round of what I anticipate will be an absolutely epic laundry day. Nothing helps me when all hope is gone quite like cleaning. It's only been an hr and 1/2 ago so I know I'm in shock. Right now I just feel dead inside.

I think I'm going to start listing all my furniture for sale. With rapidly shifting from 3 cats down to 1, I feel the need to downsize and get ready to make a move. Don't know if I will or not, but THEE two obstacles to me picking up and leaving are now gone.

We'll see. I did say I'd give it 5 years, but as this weekend marks the anniversary of my trip out here to scout this place out, I can't help but reflect on the INSANE amount of shit that has gone wrong. I know that's just the grief talking, but it is talking LOUDLY to me. I wonder what would have happened if I had never come here.

No comments:

Post a Comment