Sunday, November 28, 2010

You Can't Move Forward, Because You Got Your Eyes on the Rear View Mirror


This weekend has been very cathartic on several levels. Believe it or not, I got the most enlightenment from a couple of chick flicks. I'm as shocked as you are.

It started last night with "Leap Year". It was a good reminder to me of how much I used to be like Amy Adams' character. Going to epic lengths to make something that was not really working or worthy of her - "work". Then tonight with "Love Happens". This time I was more like the male lead. Aaron Eckhardt (who I still say is Thomas Jane, seriously, have they ever been seen in the same room as one another?), was a self-help guru who was himself the most in need of help. Someone said the "You can't move forward..." line in the film and that really hit me hard. In a good way.

I have such a hopeful feeling. I think I mentioned that someone suggested to me that W & E's respective passings were perhaps another way of breaking ties with my past. I think he was right. I thought I'd be 50 shades of weepy this weekend and I'm not. Yes, I miss my babies, because they were my babies and could well be my only babies. You know. Tick tock. But I feel they are together now and that I'm freed up to change my life in the way that it's steadily evolving. Changes are clearly coming. I don't know what that means, but it feels good. I have a very hopeful feeling that I have not had in quite sometime.

This version of "Every Day" was on "Love Happens".
I love what these kids did with it in their video. So awesome. I hope they go far.

No comments:

Post a Comment