Friday, February 26, 2010

India: A Trip Down Memory Lane


Well I was going to talk about something totally other than this tonight, but I am going with India for tonight. I was on my walk later tonight than normal and I was getting close to my house and as I was on Charlotte/12th (just around the corner from me) I was thrown back to the tiger preserve we stayed on in India. It was the smell of the fire that cooked the evening meal (namely the chapati). My goodness. It's amazing how a smell can do that to you.

So I come home and dial Grandmother for our nightly call and she tells me that she was telling a good friend of ours about the time we had to be smuggled out of Bhutan because we were there illegally. She asked me what I remembered of it and she started to fill in some of the blanks of my memory (I was only 11). It was fascinating to have things that I thought were a dream or remembered inaccurately affirmed as being exactly how it was. We spent about an hour going over different incidents there. The other biggie was our being in Calcutta during the typhoon and having to wade through the water to get to our hotel. Ahhhh memories.

We are going to do this again and again to try to fill in the blanks of my memory. When they come to Austin next time they'll bring our slides so I can see the photos too. Very cool. I need to get these things down. They are the only ones who can validate my memories and remind me of others so I need to get on this while we still can.

Well that's sort of trumped anything else I was going to talk about. I was thinking about going to a couple of things this weekend, but decided that I will probably stay home and study up on hypnosis. I have 3 lessons I can now access so I think I'll do that.

I'm just psyched that I don't have to go anywhere if I don't want to. I mean I already went to India and back tonight. ; P

OHHHHHHHHHHH, okay. Remember the house I wrote about on Patterson? Okay. I'm heading back toward Waterston and I'm just walking along and an eerie gust of strong wind comes out of nowhere. I was deep in thought about something and so I really wasn't paying attention to where I was and then I said "Don't tell me.". I look up and YES. YES!!!!!!!! The wind swept along right as I passed THEE house. Then I looked up and a cloud went over the moon. I AM NOT LYING!!!!! It was intense and I really what to buy that eerie-ass house now.

No comments:

Post a Comment