Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lose the Battle/Win the War


I am anti-microwave ovens. I feel that they make me lazy and that I don't put the proper attention into my cooking when I have one. So unless it's been a built in at the condo or in the apartment I was in when I first moved here I have not had one. Grandmother has DESPERATELY wanted to buy me every time I have been without one. I learned that she was secretly planning on bringing me one a few months back and I freaked out over it.

Well. Today I acquiesce. I have opened up my home from Thursday Dec 23 to Sunday the 26th to all my friends in Austin, so I am going to have to have several things prepared ahead of time. Even for just the family dinners, I really will need one. So Grandmother was once again hot on the trail of finding me one today. She and Grandfather decided though that they are heavy and large and they are already bringing so many things to me that they should buy it online and ship it to me or I should go get it myself. So I went and got it. I went right to the computer, straight to Overstock, and my Cuisinart is on its way.

I plan on having potlucks at my place perhaps once a month in the new year, so it will definitely come in handy. I give in...this time.

Meanwhile I have to figure out what the hell is going on with my oven. I think the maids used something in it last time that's causing the whole thing to smoke up. It's really bad. I guess I need to suck it up and let it burn off. It's setting off the fire alarm and that is alarming to me but more importantly to Zoe. Trying to keep every thing on an even keel over here.

No comments:

Post a Comment