Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Back Off, Jack Off


Anyone ever set off your Creep Meter? Perhaps you can't explain why, but they just do. I used to talk myself out of that, but I resolved mid-year that I wasn't going to do that any more. So I'm getting rather cut-throat about cutting off people who I find say, disconcerting. Perhaps they have not overtly done anything, but there is that "get away from me" feeling that they cause.

So there is one person in particular who struck again today. I was put off by the this person from almost the get-go, but we had a common interest and I talked myself into socializing via internet/ph. He was far away in the NE, and so what harm could it do? Suddenly he was coming to Texas and moving down South and leaving his wife and blah blah blah. I got super-concerned and I tried to distance myself from him, I had NO interest in him at all and I thought I came off rather cool and distant from the start. That's how I am if I don't like you. You can hang meat around me. I can be icy.

I eventually did my periodic FB purge that I do and he was the first to go. I was not comfortable with him being on my page, and I really didn't want to be reminded of him. So a bit of time lapses. I don't even know how much now because this has happened so often, but I get a friend request from him. I can't remember. I might have let him back in the first time. I'm thinking that I did, and I couldn't shake the feeling and so I deleted him again. I think. I mean he's calling me, I give in and chat with him, etc. So it's not merely that he added me on FB. It's really not. It's just every thing. The last phone call or two is what really did me in. I won't get into specifics, but it was just a lot of drama. Anyway. So if I did add him again, I eventually defriended and when he noticed he sent the request again. Now this is where I start to really get a bit freaked out. Now if he were to have said, "Hey, why blah blah blah". I would have told him. I really would have, but I figured "I have been defriended before. My vulgarity etc turns people off and they defriend me. I never go whining to them about it. I figure, 'NEXT!!'" So I assumed he would do the same or at the worst ask me why, I'd have to come clean and probably make him feel a bit bad, but that would end this business. So anyway, he just sends a friend request like it's nothing. I just ignore it. Perhaps a month goes by. Again. And again I "ignore" it. Then again. And again. And AGAIN. I finally block him. I'm really getting freaked out by it.

So today comes and I've gotten a couple of requests and sent a couple myself in the last week or two so I was not as vigilant as I should have been, but the person that I accepted was not his name. I did it from by Blackberry at the office. It was not a pic of him either. It wasn't until later that I struck me, this new friend's name was an anagram of his own name. I felt like Rosemary in "Rosemary's Baby" when she learned Roman Castavet was Stephen Marcato. I mean WHAT THE FUCK??? I guess that's how he got around me blocking him and before all that he apparently took my profile photo and shared it on his page. It was just one of those someecards, but Jesus. I thought I had my FB on lockdown (precisely because of this sort of thing). Also I see that he's in the area. So I have been beyond not comfortable all day.

Now, I'm sure some of the blame lies with me. I should have told him from the beginning to back off, but based on what? He had not 'done' anything per se, but holy shit is he baring out all I was thinking in the beginning. So as soon as I got home, I defriended him and blocked his new moniker. I hate having my FB profile on private because I love to fantasize that my ex-husband and Jon Hamm are FB stalking me. I mean I may not want THIS guy stalking, but the right ones are okay. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment