Saturday, March 20, 2010

What Dreams May Come..


I had a dream last night, as I do every night, about the person who most wronged me in this life thus far. Heavy I know. I don't want to out and out say who it is, but it doesn't take a Ph.D in Carlaology to figure out who it is.

Anyway, this dream was different from most. The person finds me. Presumably they have come to Austin. They are so happy to see me and it's not mutual. Somehow though we are in bed together - just laying there talking. Well the person is talking to me. The person is telling me how deeply sorry they are for all they have done to me and why couldn't they see what they had in me. They kept saying "You're so pure. You're so pure.". I kind of recoil at this and say, "I'm not pure. Not anymore. I not a good person now." Suddenly, I start backing up and working my way out of bed because I can see that their entire left side of the face is COVERED in a substance. It's dark so I initially am thrown, but then I know that it's blood. The person is not necessarily crying, but a lot of blood is coming from the left eye. They see that I'm terrified and feel their face. "Car, what is this?" I manage to allay their fears and run and get a cloth or kleenex to clean them up. They are none the wiser as to what it actually was and then go back to praising me for taking such good care of them.

Well this dream freaked me out. I can't stop thinking about it. I mean like I said. I dream about the person every night. Sometimes several times in a night. I suspect I always will. I just haven't been so affected by one of the dreams like I was this one.

(The photo is from someone's flickr "microabi". came up when i typed 'dream'. you didn't want me to find one of someone bleeding from the eyes did you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment