Wednesday, July 14, 2010

"Am I Not Merciful?"


That's one of my favorite quotes and I've been saying it a lot lately. I was well obsessed with "Gladiator" when it came out. I might have watched it daily at one point. Commodus (J. Phoenix) was my favorite. I know he was a manchild lunatic, but I liked him. Perhaps it was the costumes. He was dressed so regally. I don't know why I was thinking about that more today. Perhaps because the movie where he transformed himself from a hottie to the least desirable man ever is finally coming out. Yippee, can't wait. Ohh wait, yeah I can.

I just saw Marion Coutillard (total guess on the spelling) on C. Ferguson's show and I'm even more excited about "Inception". I think she's delightful (because she really seems to be). If this movie disappoints me, I might to go into hiding for months. I'm in need of a GREAT movie. I've seen some good ones lately, but nothing that makes me want to watch them over and over and over again. OMG, now I want to watch "Little Children" again. Why do I love that movie so? I do not know, but it is a favorite. I need a new favorite.

In honor of Ms. Coutillard (sp?), I give you this "French" joke

Have you heard about the three-star restaurant on the Champs-Élysées that makes omelets with only one egg? Apparently in Paris, one egg is un oeuf.



Side Note: Thanks to all of the kind words after last night's post. I feel SO much better today. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment