Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rethinking It All


A week ago, I had no idea I'd be here. Here is I just signed the lease to a considerably smaller place with a considerably smaller price tag. I will have to get rid of most of what I have due to the diminished size, and let's be honest, I don't use even 85% of what I own. Some things have been a bit hard. A lot of sentimental things will be sacrificed. I think it will mostly be cathartic. I'm getting out of debt, and I'm excited about that. I have been comfortable (sort of) with debt as so many I know are in debt regardless of double income and even some rather large incomes. It's natural to live bigger when you can and I have. I didn't adjust to the fact I make a good $15k less in Texas than I did in FL. So it's time to alter things to correct this little problem.

I have to be brutally honest with myself (that's why I'm writing this, a measure of accountability). I have a bit of a problem that throwing money at DOES seem to temporarily fix. I need to break that in the next year or two because I don't want to hobble along in life like this.

So it's a bit of a sacrifice now, but the rewards on the other side will be great.

I like this pic I found because I think that sort of sums it up for me. I feel I have to spend, spend, spend. But I don't, don't, DON'T.

People who are true, love me for me. I don't have to buy their love.

And neither do you. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment