Sunday, January 16, 2011

Polygamy: I Can Dig It


Every thing ends. Some endings are more regrettable than others. I'm a bit sad that "Big Love" is coming to an end, but they did have a better run than some other phenomenal shows (ie: "Deadwood" and "Carnivale").

The Hendrickson Family/Families have really opened up my thinking as to what is family. I used to be extremely judgmental about "alternative" lifestyles, but who the hell am I to judge? If it works for you, then it works.

"Big Love" has made their version of polygamy down-right appealing. Each wife has her own house, they help each other out, they are well taken care of financially and are even helped in getting their own ventures going, and they get Bill on certain days and then have days to themselves. That is NOT unappealing to me. Seriously, I really think I could do it. Too bad the true face of polygamy is more like what they are so desperately trying to distance themselves from.

Ohhh, well. I'll live vicariously through Bill, Barb, Nicki, and Margene for one final season.


No comments:

Post a Comment