Monday, January 31, 2011

3 Year Austinversary: Go Big or Go Home


So three years ago today I landed (in my car) here in Austin; running away from the oppressive regime of my homeland. That made me smirk.

Things I'm Grateful for:

My Kickass Network of Friends
MimiNoir
My Never Say Die Attitude That's Going to Kick All The Negative Things Listed Below Right in the Ass







Things That Suck So Bad I Was Looking Into Moving to the Keys:

My Job
The Massive Pay Cut I Took Moving Here
The Debt I've Racked Up from Massive Pay Cut
The Drivers Here (I'm going to pistol-whip someone before I make it out of this state)
My Boys Dying (Yes, I a bit blame TX. Don't ask me why. Blame is rarely rational)
Being Alone the Entire Three Years I've Lived Here
Gaining 30 Pounds Since Moving Here (Grandmother would say this is why the alone thing happened. I've seen a lot of fatties get married so I'm not buying that)

So as you can see, I have several things on the negative side that I want to turn around. The job is NUMBER ONE on the list. I'm absolutely done with that place and all its negativity and really just generic horseshittiness. Hopefully new job will pay me what I'm worth, but I'm a bit skeptical about that. Texas $ is a bit of a joke. Oh well. I'll settle for a job that doesn't make me cry every day and figure out how to pay off my $15k debt. "I'm smart, not like everybody says. Like dumb!!!" ;P

So yeah. Texas, three years. I need you bring your A Game this year and I'll bring mine and hopefully I'll have a much, much happier Four Year Austinverary Report. :)

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny! I love the fatties comment!
    I can't believe it has been 3 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I'm amazed how much I knock myself for my weight gain and see other women LIVING their lives like they're a size 2. I envy that.

    And I know, it feels like 10 years.

    ReplyDelete