Monday, April 11, 2011

Someone to Watch Over Me


I'll not mince words. I've been having a shitty life for the last 6 months or so. Probably a bit more than that, but it depresses me to actually count it out so a round number shall suffice.

I took 4 days off for the move since I had to do every thing myself. First day back to work, I spill my fruit cocktail all over the front seat of my (new to me) car. It's leather so it's fine I guess. I mopped it up with my hoodie and the canvas bag that it was in.

When I get to the office I just throw the whole thing in the trash. I was just too exhausted to deal with it, you know? Well my boss sees it and she's like, why are you throwing these things out? I tell her. She says, "They can be washed!!!" Me, "I just don't care, I'm too tired." She says, "Well I'm taking them home and washing them for you." I protest, because wow that so is not necessary, but she takes them with her.

Today she returns with the best smelling ever canvas bag and my Yelp hoodie (which I really do love) in it. I just kept smelling it throughout the day. Tonight I took the hoodie out of the bag. It was all neatly zipped and lovely folded like my own mother folded it. I broke down and cried.

Christ, I need my mom or something or just to be taken care of for a bit. : (

No comments:

Post a Comment