Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Good Bye, Norma Jean, Seriously - You Had a Fair Run

Thanks to Pinterest, I have access to even more unnecessary information. As those who know me can attest, I fucking love it!! Occasionally in my quest to pin alluring photos of a life I'll never lead, I stumble upon photos that surprise me. Such is the case with this photo. The caption was "Marilyn Monroe on her 36th Birthday". Her WHAT???? The way Elton John and the rest of the Free World laments her "untimely passing", I've always assumed she was a woman MUCH younger than 36. As a woman of 37, I can tell you - I've had a great run. I'm just Carla. Yeah, those who know me rather well, know my life has been anything but dull, but certainly NOTHING on the scale that would have been her life. So what's all the crying about? We can't all get to 80, and honestly - do you REALLY, REALLY want to? I only would for the sake of my family and the members of my family I actually care about ARE 80 right now. Don't get me wrong this isn't an EMO-esque posting. If I have children, I clearly would want to be there for them. That's a whole other case entirely. I get that leaving young ones behind is sad. I just don't get why not having a long life is deemed such a tragedy. But I'm weird so you know - take this post with a grain of salt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment