Sunday, February 20, 2011

Austin Sucks. Don't Move Here...

Except I actually mean it. I just sat for 58 minutes (before I could convince the Indian woman in the car next to me that she wouldn't be arrested for driving the wrong way down a one way street) trapped due to the marathon. Now I'm about to do something I never thought I'd do --- Praise Orlando.

In Orlando, we have this same stuff going on all the time too. I live downtown in Orlando, as I basically do here. You know what they do in Orlando. POST SIGNS TELLING YOU OF ROAD CLOSURES BEEEEEFORE YOU GET TO THE CLOSURE!!!! Not everyone watches the dull-as-dishwater local news. So you might innocently get up on a Sunday morning, as I often do, and decide to beat the church crowd only to to be trapped with no end in sight. If this was my first incident with this, I wouldn't really care. It's nice outside, there was nowhere I really had to be, and I enjoyed being reminded of why I hate running - 95% of runners' bodies are gross to me -- fuckin' eat something!! Then there was the other 5%, some pretty, pretty, pretty well built guys running shirtless. That made up for it all. I got some good material out of it, if you know what I mean.

But seriously. There are several places on my way home from work each day that warn of road closures and that particular project wrapped WEEKS ago. I don't get what's with the entire road system here, but it's really not good. I feel comparing O to A is fair because O is the 27th largest US city and A is the 35th. To me that is close and to me there is no reason some well posted signs could not be utilized here, no NOT utilized if they are no longer relevant. Ohhh, and I'm by no means the only one to feel that way. I thought a few of my fellow prisoners were going to go completely agro this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment