Sunday, April 18, 2010

When I Was Thirty-Five, It Was a Very Good Year...


as we quickly approach 9:01 pm EST, I'm almost officially 35. Man oh man. I really and truly never thought I'd get here. I was totally convinced I'd be dead by 28. TOTALLY CONVINCED. It's so surreal and awesome that I'm here and living a life that I enjoy. I was a little overwhelmed a couple times today as I sat at the spa and thought about it all.

Two years ago I did an all day spa package at Ann Kelso because I knew no one in town and had no one to celebrate my birthday with. Now, I did an all day spa package after spending a lovely brunch with 11 friends 'old' and new. It made me feel so blessed. Well because I am. I am very blessed. When you step out and make the decision to part ways will everything you know and care about and hold dear, it's truly a leap of faith. Well this was a leap well worth taking. Annnnnd, I'm balling now so I'm going to change the topic.

How about that Viva Day Spa? Wow, I'm SOOOOO soft!!! Unfortunately, my back is absolutely killing me so if they can work me in tomorrow I'll be at the chiropractor. Other than my back/hip, this was a truly wonderful day. No my life is not at all where I thought it would be right now, and that's just fine by me.

Where will I be next year? I don't know. I'm not planning it out anymore like I used to. I think THAT is what I have learned a full 34 years into the game. It is NOT going to go according to my plan ----- at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment